Content

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Considering Youtube

I was never in doubt which host to use for my upcoming video podcasts, but after surfing a few of my favorite blogs this evening, it seems to me that Vimeo is actually offering better streaming quality than Youtube.. could that be true?

Without exception, the picture is just clearer on the Vimeo-snippets I've been watching for the last hour than on the Youtube counterparties.

I am puzzled. What should I value the most? The benefits that goes with Youtube in terms of engagement with Google (and Blogspot), the massive amount of user Youtube has and the broad knowledge and acknowledgement of their brand, or should quality be my number one priority above all other things? I am not quite sure what I wanna do. I do want my videos to look the best, but on the other hand I would love to generate organic views and visits to my blog via the huge Youtube crowd.

I'll probably do a bit of testing. I could also upload my videos in both places, and embed the Vimeo-videos here on the blog. That might be a solution, although it prevents my guests on this blog from finding (and subscribing to) my upcoming Youtube channel.

What do you think? What do you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment