Content

Monday, December 19, 2011

Getting Started on Affiliate Marketing - Part #1

OK, here we go! Yesterday I wrote a post about running multiple blogs to drive traffic towards your main domain. Today it's also about running multiple blogs, but the idea is to make money from each and every one of them.

I've set up a little experiment to see if it's actually doable to make money from blogging on a free platform like Blogger (blogspot.com), and have registered five new domains with them for a start. They are about very different topics - all of which are of some interest to me though. I figure that if I'm to spend hours and hours on doing articles for them, I'd better choose something interesting to write about.

I am NOT an affiliate marketeer, but I'll give it a go!

I'm starting off today, and I will keep you posted with the way things are going. I intend to run this experiment for three months and see where it's taken me by then. Let's see what happens - I'm eager to get something off my hands and get going.

Oh, and I've signed up for both AdSense and Amazon affiliates. Amazon maybe isn't a very good affiliate partner, but they have such a wide variety of products that I just had to team up with them. If you know of any affiliate networks that I should consider joining, please let me know in the comments!

What am I hoping to gain from this
Well, first of all I hope to end up having five blogs generating some sort of income. I'll do a bunch of articles for each of them, and that will hopefully drive some traffic from Google - after I start on my linkbuilding.

Secondly I hope to learn a lot more about the game. I'm not very experienced when it comes to affiliate marketing, and I will most certainly do many (or most!) things wrong. The good thing though is that I'll be able to do it all again afterwards and have those things right, right from the start.

Last, but not least, I hope to receive some sort of feedback. I intend to share everything from earnings to visitors, and hope to get back some pieces of advice. I will definitely hand out all the advice I can once I start learning from this experience! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment